This weekend, the 2022 Marathon du Mont-Blanc returned to lush Chamonix, France, simply earlier than 8 a.m. native time on Sunday, June 26.
As a part of the Golden Path World Sequence, the marathon is understood to attract a number of the world’s highest-performing path runners annually. And this yr’s lineup was no exception.
For 2022, race organizers repatterned the course and opted for an all-new end line at Place du Triangle de l’Amitie — within the coronary heart of Chamonix. The route charts rivals over 42 kilometers (26.2 miles) of immensely diverse terrain, from mild municipal roads to rocky switchbacks. Cumulatively, it climbs some 2,540 meters (8,333 ft). It’s one quick race that’s simply as beautiful as it’s grueling.
2022 Marathon du Mont-Blanc Males’s Race
U.Ok. favourite — and 2019 Path World champ — Jonathan Albon broke the tape with 3:35:20 on the clock. That point put Albon forward of the remainder of the boys’s discipline by greater than 4 minutes.
Italy’s Davide Magnini was second to the rostrum with an official time of three:39:41.
A minute later, Ruy Ueda of Japan clinched the ultimate podium spot, at 3:40:42.
Moroccan-Swiss athlete Elhousine Elazzaoui (3:43:19) and France’s Thibaut Baronian (3:47:27) rounded out the highest 5 within the males’s race.
2022 Marathon du Mont-Blanc Males’s Outcomes
- Jonathan Albon (U.Ok., lives in Norway) – 3:35:20
- Davide Magnini (Italy) – 33:39:41
- Ruy Ueda (Japan) – 3:40:42
- Elhousine Elazzaoui (Morocco) – 3:43:19
- Thibaut Baronian (France) – 3:47:27
- Robert Pkemboi (Kenya) – 3:50:44
- Andrzej Witek (Poland) — 3:51:56
- Anthony Felber (France) — 3:53:12
- Antoine Charvolin (France) — 3:53:48
- Adrien Michaud (France) — 3:54:11
2022 Marathon du Mont-Blanc Ladies’s Race
Within the girls’s discipline, Spain’s Sara Alonso sank a decisive victory. Her time of 4:14:19 outpaced the pack by practically six minutes.
New Zealand’s Caitlin Fielder got here in at 4:20:21 to assert silver. Quickly after, at 4:21:52, American Dani Moreno swooped in to safe bronze.
France’s Anaïs Sabrié (4:22:10) and 2022 Hochkonig Skyrace winner, Marcela Vasinova (4:24:35) of the Czech Republic accomplished the ladies’s high 5.
2022 Marathon du Mont-Blanc Ladies’s Outcomes
- Sara Alonso (Spain) – 4:14:49
- Caitlin Fielder (New Zealand) – 4:20:21
- Dani Moreno (USA) – 4:21:52
- Anaïs Sabrié (France) – 4:22:10
- Marcela Vasinova (Czech Republic) – 4:24:35
- Oihana Kortázar (Spain) – 4:28:43
- Fabiola Conti (Italy) – 4:28:52
- Theres Leboeuf (France) – 4:29:34
- Emkay Sullivan (USA) – 4:31:17
- Julie Roux (France) – 4:33:52